Not Filled



There comes a moment in some people's lives when decisions must be made, and for a couple that could be so hard... and I ask myself here: is love always enough to solve it?

I should not take me as an example to answer this... love I always give, and from my perspective my cup is always filled with it. The thing is that I'm one simple and regular romantic, that likes to believe in that magic behind love and within magic, power. Power that could move ideas and motivate change in people... because what we seek in another someone is that push and those answers.

So by saying all that I wonder: do we give all our love to be shared, or there's one small part we keep to ourselves? locked and secure hidden in one deep place.
I guess that would make some sense... because there's so much fear, so many things that makes us doubt, and in that second we loose that pureness of love and the idea of giving ourselves away... so sad, just so real and sad.

Am I wrong being like this? One stupid romantic that still likes to believe in that love that can fight against all odds and vanish all fears... but what I've always had, fighting against me is that people in my road that cannot feel like me, cannot trust or let themselves carry away by it... as I wish they could... but then again, could I be asking too much?

Our world contains more than love, and some of our biggest dreams are made of ideas that in a way can keep us from love, leaving it as just a complement to ideal jobs or fantastic careers. That huge bag of decisions that in one ironic way are rejecting that pure and absolute love.

So then again... Can love be enough? Could our cups be completely filled by it? Can I join you in your dreams? Would you love me during the realization of mine? Can we love each other besides all this? Do we have what it takes to fill this universe of ours?

Because besides me, there are some that have their hopes on you as well...

Lyrics by Sheryl Crow

I've been long, a long way from here
Put on a poncho, played for mosquitos,
And drank til I was thirsty again
We went searching through thrift store jungles
Found Geronimo's rifle, Marilyn's shampoo
And Benny Goodman's corset and pen

Well, o.k. I made this up
I promised you I'd never give up

If it makes you happy
It can't be that bad
If it makes you happy
Then why the hell are you so sad

You get down, real low down
You listen to Coltrane, derail your own train
Well who hasn't been there before?
I come round, around the hard way
Bring you comics in bed, scrape the mold off the bread
And serve you french toast again

Well, o.k. I still get stoned
I'm not the kind of girl you'd take home

We've been far, far away from here
Put on a poncho, played for mosquitos
And everywhere in between
Well, o.k. we get along
So what if right now everything's wrong?

2 voices:

  • Ana, I can to tally relate to that, I have been asking myself that question (and still are) throughout my entire life... let me know when you reach illumination on this matter...

    No doubt love should fill your cup. would it also fill someone beside oneself? I believe that is the real question.

    You are one beautiful soul, lady!

  • What's lovely about this, is that I will probably live trying to reach that illumination, and in the way I'll find all these little details that will be fun to describe.

    so thank you :)

Post a Comment