1/2 Frame in Time


Never complete.. There's my 1/2 and there's theirs, to conform some of my unique units.

There was a time when my life would go around a silver chain with a coin on it, carrying it everywhere as a bracelet in my hand. It represented how I felt and the bond that we had created... Just a 1/2.

As music comes to my ears, a special song about a girl named Annie came to me and my life never went back to being the same after he played some brothers called Craig. A sense of attraction and a game well played... Just a 1/2.

Common and repeated visits to cold spaces and the fixing up in front of a mirror before going to see him, in love with the image of something forbidden and the reflect of a brighter version of me. Being codependent of those moments and there goes another 1/2…

With my hand extended I touch a face, feeling the skin from the forehead to the chin… as an expression of love and care as he taught me a while ago, for as long as he kept that key hanging in his chest we loved each other… Just a 1/2..

A certain time when we couldn’t sleep or rest, songs that would play in our heads during the whole day and the expectation before our daily calls. A feeling of belonging with another lost soul that knew how bad it felt.. The t-shirts I kept to myself as part of that wasted 1/2…

The chance of believing in destiny beyond power and control, the taste of lips from heaven and one lost answer to get away from his car and his roof, a very last 1/2 that hasn’t settle in my table yet.

Those are just mine, and they’re the only masters and owners of the other 1/2... Our imitations of life.




Lyrics by REM

Charades, pop skill
Water hyacinth, named by a poet.
Imitation of life
Like a koi in a frozen pond
Like a goldfish in a bowl
I dont want to hear you cry

Thats sugarcane that tasted good
Thats cinnamon thats hollywood
Cmon cmon no one can see you try

You want the greatest thing
The greatest thing since bread came sliced.
Youve got it all, youve got it sized.
Like a friday fashion show teenager
Freezing in the corner
Trying to look like you dont try

Thats sugarcane that tasted good.
Thats cinnamon thats hollywood
Cmon cmon no one can see you try
No one can see you cry

Thats sugarcane that tasted good
Thats freezing rain thats what you could
Cmon cmon no one can see you cry
This sugarcane
This lemonade
This hurricane, Im not afraid.
Cmon cmon no one can see me cry
This lightning storm
This tidal wave
This avalanche, Im not afraid.

Cmon cmon no one can see me cry
Thats sugarcane that tasted good
Thats who you are, thats what you could
Cmon cmon no one can see you cry
Thats sugarcane that tasted good
Thats who you are, thats what you could
Cmon cmon no one can see you cry

0 voices:

Post a Comment