Track 05

For all that we had to go through and fight, accept, loose... To finally know that I never really had you, just my perspective of who you wanted to be for myself; I'll give you credit for that, you managed yourself to keep me away from your real feelings, yet always wondering.

As in a philosophy class discussing the self, I try to pass this page on what just a self of you was the essence of this amazing fantasy... And during this whole time I wonder, where were you? My entire life... where were you?

The darkness, the sadness, the sweetness.. Oh I need this, there's nothing else to tell and no more stories to share, so I'm leaving... so far, only stories kept us alive.

The entire process of forgetting and avoiding became cousins and allies, I never lied to myself 'cause it wasn't fake, the feeling and the experiences and the constant bumping guided me through all this crap... keeping myself from others, to blind believe in words you never actually said, loosing a best friend with my premeditated actions...

I need a lullaby, and as I face this ceiling there's a smile on my face while I realized that I'm writing these words and the tears don't seem to come to keep me in kind company, sweet and honest company.

I'll touch your face, I'll talk with my eyes, I'll unleash my feet and I'll kiss your lips.. We're not what we thought we were.

More that all these words... It hit me when I heard this song, it defines what I felt

Lyrics by Natalie Merchant

Take a look at my body,
look at my hands
there's so much here that I don't understand
Your face saving promises,
whispered like prayers
I don't need them.

I've been treated so wrong
I've been cheated so long as if I'm becoming untouchable...

Well, contempt loves the silence
it thrives in the dark,
the fine winding tendrils that strangle the heart
They say that promises sweeten the blow
but I don't need them... no I don't need them.

I've been treated so wrong,
I've been cheated so long as if I'm becoming untouchable
I'm a slow dying flower
I’m the frost killing hour
sweet turning sour
& untouchable.

ooh I need
the darkness,
the sweetness,
the sadness,
the weakness,
ooh I need this.
Need a lullabye,
a kiss goodnight,
angel, sweet love of my life
ooh I need this

I'm a slow dying flower
frost killing hour
the sweet turning sour
& untouchable

Do you remember the way that you touched me before,
all the trembling sweetness
I loved and adored...
Your face saving promises
whispered like prayers.
I don't need them.

I need the darkness,
the sweetness,
the sadness,
the weakness,
ooh I need this.
I need a lullabye
a kiss goodnight,
angel, sweet love of my life
ooh I need this
Well, is it dark enough,
can you see me?
do you want me?
can you reach me?
or I'm leaving...
you better shut your mouth
and hold your breath
you kiss me now,
you catch your death
oh I mean this...
oh I mean this...

1 voices:

  • Mientras leia el post pense:
    "Esto me recuerda mucho a MY SKIN de natalie merchant, le voy a decir ke se la baje... "
    Hahahaha

Post a Comment