The fish in a blog

|||This one is for the a new box

I've spent a long time trying to define what is that we're suppose to call "ourselves". How is that some people say they don't know who they are, or that maybe they're on their way to find out that magic answer.

What is that we are suppose to be? Is it what we do? What we want? what we like? What we love? Or is it the whole thing in a box? (can't help it)

I've spent a long time trying to figure this out, instead of defining that for myself. But I guess that as I'd say it now: I think I always knew, sometimes I'd lost it then find it back, but it never really meant an issue.

But there was something that always kept me wondering, 'cause I couldn't really understand why I had so much trouble expressing myself in first dimensions, why if I felt so determined in a way, I just couldn't put it in words for others to hear me the way I wanted. I needed to find a solution, so I started writing...

The power that came within my writing represented an energy that didn't fill my person and others would see me, I guess I was still afraid of what they would think of me sharing all my thoughts. So this strange person got created, someone who felt like me but was able to accomplish all that I couldn't because of fear.

She could write whatever and just throw it to the world, with such motivation and awareness. I would let her express my ideas in this new space. I didn't need to force myself to do it, for she could do it for me. As since then, she has become this representation of what my reality offers and how my emotions and thoughts have a life on their own. She is free to swim and scream.

Someone asked me once why I would write through her... and the answer lays on how much control I've gained with this magnificent tool. I'll never keep anything for myself anymore, as for Annie will provide the words to make it real for others. Here's her new space, just for her.

*Thanks again for making this possible*

In the photo: Annie Blogfish herself

Lyrics by Audioslave

Someone falls to pieces
Sleeping all alone
Someone kills the pain
Spinning in the silence
She finally drifts away
Someone gets excited
In a chapel yard
And catches a bouquet
Another lays a dozen
White roses on a grave
Yeah...

And to be yourself is all that you can do
Hey...
To be yourself is all that you can do

Someone finds salvation in everyone
Another only pain
Someone tries to hide himself
Down inside himself he prays
Someone swears his true love
Until the end of time
Another runs away
Separate or united
Healthy or insane

And to be yourself is all that you can do(all that you can do)
Yeah..
To be yourself is all that you can do(all that you can do)

To be yourself is all that you can do(all that you can do)
Hey...
Be yourself is all that you can do

even when you've paid enough
been put upon or been held up
with every single memory of
the good or bad, faces of luck
don't lose any sleep tonight
i'm sure everything will end up alright
you may win or lose

But to be yourself is all that you can do
Yeah...
To be yourself is all that you can do

0 voices:

Post a Comment