Everlong

-My utopian reality-

It might be just the way this universe works, but as I've learnt from it the control over change will always make a difference, and the only and very important variable will be willingness.

If the way things appear to happen would depend only on my power and control, then it would not be better, but just perfect for a moment. And the truth is that this is not something new I'm saying here: if anything could feel this real forever.

Not to just one in particular, but to everyone that I've protected behind that glass... just throwing words to them and expecting some reaction behind the fucking glass... Just seeing how they live their lives so far from here, but not leaving me alone just for a second. They can't stay away but they'll keep me hanging for good. Because there's something about me that they can't take as a whole, but they wanna hold on to it as to tear me out in pieces.

Once I had a dream, and I lost them all.. one by one, as chapters, they where dying in front of me and there was nothing I could do to help it. While I was suffering, one very simple thought came to my head and got stucked forever during the dream: "they don't belong to you, you didn't lose them at all"

I never really knew how to figure out why my dream was being so clear, but I knew so... I understood what it meant, it wasn't so hard to swallow. There's a part of them within me, but they're not here, and they'll never be. They came and took a piece of me which keeps bringing them around just to see me head over feet, pretending to take some more... I don't know for how long I can take it...

I've loved them, and I've lost them... even when some of them never really were mine at all... no matter what they say, think or feel... 'Cause the truth is that I'm the one standing here trying to brake the glass... but you're all behind it, waiting for me to brake it... isn't that unfair?

Just my utopian reality~

Photo by: Ryohei Hase
Lyrics by Foo Fighters (fuck you for this song)

Hello
I've waited here for you
Everlong

Tonight
I throw myself into
And out of the red, out of her head she sang

Come down
And waste away with me
Down with me

Slow how
You wanted it to be
I'm over my head, out of her head she sang
Chorus-

And I wonder
When I sing along with you
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything could ever be this good again

The only thing I'll ever ask of you
You've got to promise not to stop when I say when
She sang
Verse 2-

Breathe out
So I could breathe you in
Hold you in

And now
I know you've always been
Out of your head, out of my head I sang
Chorus-

And I wonder
When I sing along with you
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything could ever be this good again

The only thing I'll ever ask of you
You've got to promise not to stop when I say when
She sang
Chorus-

And I wonder
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything could ever be this good again

The only thing I'll ever ask of you
You've got to promise not to stop when I say when
She sang

1 voices:

  • Oh... Everlong! Creo que es una de mis cancioes favoritas in the whole wide world. Puedo escucharla por HORAS (comprobado cientificamente)
    Imagino que es normal tener esa sensacion de pertenencia con la gente a tu alrededor. MIS amigos, MI familia, tal vez lo tomamos muy literal. Estan en nuestras vidas, pero no son nuestros, asi como nosotros no pertenecemos a nadie.
    Hay que va y viene, gente que se queda, que permanece en nuestras vidas por siempre, but we're not attached, we're just holding hands.

    Lots of love my dear Ana!
    Great post, as usual

Post a Comment