Renting


Nothing new, nothing too impressive, just repeated words, well known phrases, heard lines by familiar ears... nothing new.

Renting excuses, reasons and ideas. Many and different answers to your whys and to that bag of wondering. Like going to a small shop looking for more words from me, knowing that all these you already own, they belong to you.

Shared memories, different versions of our story, dates and pieces of paper in a box... Renting images of millions of versions to our lost future, new smiles and a bunch of definitions to our bond. Because it seems like you're addicted to that sick old place.

But I'm no longer there, and all that is gone, there's nothing else to rent or to borrow. Then why would you?

...Why would you?

If I went back tonight, I'm sure I would have more things to rent, because this is what you keep on doing to us, giving me foundations to create new words, phrases, ideas, lines and states... why would you? If we are so much better away from there. We are.

Lyrics by Metric

Hold it I'm about to drop off
Let me tell you my last thought
Drift into a deep fog
Lost where I forgot to hold it
I can feel you most when I'm alone

Coming home cause I want to
Hang out with a starlet
Stare up at the ceiling
Preview of a screening
Flashback of a feeling
Sixth sense of a calling
I heard you fuck through the wall
I heard you fuck

When I'm bored
I send vibrations
In your direction
From the satellite mind

I'm not suicidal
I just can't get out of bed
I drift into a deep fog
Lost where I forgot to hold it
I can feel you most when I'm alone
I can fell your ghost when I'm alone

Coming home cause I want to
Hang out with a starlet
Stare up at the ceiling
Hiding and revealing
Flashback of a feeling
Sixth sense of a calling
I heard you fuck through the wall
I heard you fuck

When I'm bored
I send vibrations
In your direction
From the satellite mind

When your voice
Became vibrations
From the satellite mind

It sounded like mine

0 voices:

Post a Comment