Emergency Contact


If there's something that identify us as unique kind of human beings, is the fact that in a very emotional way we leave marks in other people. As frames in our emotional brain.

Some people can leave bigger marks than others, but what's important to understand is that it's not an ability we all have or learn how to develop, it comes with they way we are and it can't be changed or managed.

It's a very interesting investigation to find out what kind of mark we leave and for me, it has been a roller coaster since I remember I knew what all this meant. There has been people coming in and out of my life; I recently found out the way to classify them all... The ones that are here still and the ones that are gone for good.

Those who see themselves close to me or attach to me for some reason, are the people that felt my mark deeper than others, and I know exactly who they are and what I mean for them, and maybe the reasons why the don't leave... All this is not something I think about and regard myself feeling superior, it's the opposite: I just feel I can't reach them right so it can be called a friendship.

People can come and connect themselves to me taking all they need and I feel ok leaving my mark, but then I'm left alone once more... 'Cause (what this is all about) no one can keep their marks in me long enough by staying beside me the way it should... It works like a gas station and I just don't know how to handle it.

I feel attached to some "certain someones" and I feel they don't have a clue, which is why (maybe) I don't get exactly what I need from them... not only the great sensation of leaving my mark but for them to know that I need it to... After all and no matter what, they're my emergency contacts.

But as I said before, I'm still looking for the correct way to make it better... The thing is that (as strange as it sounds) is out of my hands. So I'll just consider some my best friends and some my greatest enemies while living this connections and knowing who we are for each other better than you.

Lyrics by Kids In Glass Houses

And I wish I could sleep
But I'm tired, down, dirty in these borrowed sheets
It's been a week
And I've been singing to my feet, yeah
But I won't admit defeat til
Saturday, Saturday, Saturday
Will come my way
For your information
I love my demons
Cause they keep me company, yeah
I've grown to love my new routine
But on my better days
Better days, better days

Consider yourself one of my best friends
Consider yourself one of my enemies
Enemies

And I wish I could speak
We spend the last half hour in the back room
Celebrating me
And now I feel a little cheap, yeah
But I won't admit defeat til
Saturday, Saturday, Saturday
It's not one of my better days
Better days, better days

Consider yourself one of my best friends
Consider yourself one of my enemies
Enemies
So Show a little skin and make a million
Bare a little soul and make a million more
Show a little skin and make a million
Bare a little soul and make a million more

When I grow up, woah
Wanna be famous, woah
And when you grow up, woah
Will you still blame us

I wish I could see
Ive been tired, down, dirty in these borrowed sheets
It's been a bitch of a week, yeah

Saturday, saturday, saturday

Consider yourself one of my best friends
Consider yourself one of my enemies
Enemies
Show a little skin and make a million
Bare a little soul and make a million more
Show a little skin and make a million
Bare a little soul and make a million more

4 voices:

Post a Comment