Define Me Define You


There's no need to say that no one can never know someone else completly. Said that I'll write here about how well people know each other and how they develop a very weird tendency of changing the perspective they have of people. (I can read your mind right now, so stop and read)

I can say that there're certain someones I know very well, meaning that I can pretty much always predict their reactions, understand their sensations and know this special language to speak to them. We all do that, knowing it or not... here's when things get messy, in that process of organizing friends we know very well, we might define them through our very personal perspective without counting theirs in, see my point?

Sure we can know someone well enough to share our perspective to them, of the things they represent or what kind of person they are. But it's sort of subjective sometimes, depending on what level we have that person standing on... As we all know, expectations can be a very nice reason for disappointment since we might expect something from that person just because we have redefined them.

Those who know me, always tend to do that... No exceptions. They start receiving information from me and as soon as they put me in a certain level, they define who I am for them, sometimes according with my defination of myself or not. I have no idea why they expect so much from me, I understand that is all for good but it happens that some of my actions might not be correct for their concept of me, and well I guess I let them down... but does that mean I should feel guilty?

I know there's a reason for everyone to do this, redefine people they know and that we want to mantain our certain someones in those levels, but when we don't agree with their actions it's neccesary to wonder before moving them from their spaces... It's only when we expect too much when we get more disappointed.

I know who I am, you know me and they know me also... And all of you know that there's no need to redefine Ana, if you still hold on to me it means that you're fine with my own defination of myself... Not everybody can say I call them my very special someones, I've made no mistakes with you and the levels you own.

Lyrics by You Me At Six

You've been looking at me like you've got something to say
You got flaws in your step, you're miles away from anything a-a-a-anyway.
Lets get to the point, the words that fell off your lips, didn't mean anything; they didn't mean shit, to you or him.

But tonight, but tonight, we will be alright; yes the champagne is on ice for you and I.
And oh right and oh right, oh we will be alright, because we've got it all, and all thats left inside. Let's just keep on talking.

I smell your scent on my skin and the clothes that I wear, it's a thought in my head and I can't shake it, of you and him. Sh-sh-sh-shake it
I am at the party too, I am in the room next to you, with your back to the door and your ear to the floor, and you were desperate.

But tonight, but tonight, we will be alright; yes the champagne is on ice for you and I.
And oh right and oh right, oh we will be alright, because we've got it all, and all thats left inside. Let's just keep on talking.

Don't let me down, and don't let me down.
And don't let me down, yeah don't let me...
Don't let me down.

But tonight, but tonight, we will be alright; yes the champagne is on ice for you and I.
And oh right and oh right, oh we will be alright, because we've got it all, and all thats left inside. Let's just keep on talking.

3 voices:

Post a Comment