Ugly Box


For those who don't know this, I believe people organize relations in boxes. I wrote about it here before, so to give a resume: we put all our feelings-memories-sensations and things in those boxes that represent every single relationship we've had, friends and lovers.

It happens that we keep those boxes closed for a reason and it's simple: we can't never forget and for that, every once in a while we sit down to meet with those boxes once more just because we thought about someone or we are just feeling nostalgic, then we close them and put them away again in our imaginary storage.

But it also happens that some boxes keep to much pain and instead of openning and looking at whatever is inside, we try to forget it exits... Well for me that doesn't help and the reason is that there's a part of me that will always have unfinished issues. Thankfully, I have found the solution for that and is to put those particular boxes away for good, meaning not having them in my storage anymore.

It worked but it happened that after I did that, an ugly box got created, it's the darkest box and its content it's even worst: all the things I need to say and I keep to myself. For those who know me you can only imagine the size of that box. And it's not a box I can just push away 'cause I don't control it. If I don't verbalize what is there to say I consume myself.

Many things in my mind, many words for much people that I just keep inside to avoid consequences, hating myself for that action, for I believe I should be free to speak my mind without losing something or making someone think I will never be over it... So that ugly box gets bigger every time until I find the way to erase what I keep inside.

Because like you once said and showed me: I'm able to get whatever I want. With this it won't be different, the hardest part is done already.

Lyrics by Sugarcult

Watching your lips move together
Nothing's making sense
Talk to me
Talk to me
I don't want to break the silence with the taste of something violent
Come to me
Come to me

I don't believe the lies
Reading between the lines
I don't belong here any longer
I'll be gone this time

Watching every move you make
I hope you slip
I hope this fades away
Fades away
I get closer with the silent treatment
when it hurts to need it
when it's hard to leave it
Come to me
Come to me

I don't believe the lies
Reading between the lines
I don't belong here any longer
I'll be gone this time
I don't believe the lies
This is the last goodbye
I don't belong here any longer
I'll be gone this time

I'm letting go
I'm letting go
I'm letting go
God only knows it's getting harder everyday

I don't believe the lies
Reading between the lines
I don't belong here any longer
I'll be gone this time
I don't believe the lies
This is the last goodbye
I don't belong here any longer
I'll be gone this time

Watching your lips move together
Nothing's making sense
Talk to me

3 voices:

Post a Comment