Roll It


I'll start this one by giving a little detail about my rutine: Every single day at 10:30 am my children do seatwork with us in the classroom, just activities and games, but when it's done in paper we write the date, as record of their work... This means I write the date at least 16 times every single day, which would make it impossible for me not to know what day it is...

So today, as I turned and told Valeria "hey.. you know what day is today?" I started walking back to a special room, or as I would like to call today: my 17 room. Such a simple day but with such meaning that I couldn't really explain on my own... So until now (11:49 pm) and with the biggest headache I've ever had, I've been smiling in this room.

I didn't expect any kind of energy, even though I tried searching for some... but what I got couldn't be better: that story came back to me without permission, and it reminded me why I learnt to be happy around all these colors and all his perspectives.

Just a million things went through my head... I even did some things to commemorate the occasion (you know) and now when I'm about to go back to where I was this Clocks melody fills my ears with his emotion... for what a greatest love represents in my person. All those 17 should be as good as this one, 'cause it feels like it's my first again and I'm standing in the middle of that big room where I found the answer.

And as you come and try to find yourself in me while reading my lines, I use your words: see what I see, hear what I hear... you're always welcome in here.

Photo by Gustavo Pineda
Lyrics by Coldplay (for the second time)

Lights go out and I can't be saved
Tides that I tried to swim against
You've put me down upon my knees
Oh I beg, I beg and plead (singing)
Come out of things unsaid, shoot an apple off my head (and a)
Trouble that can't be named, tigers waiting to be tamed (singing)
You are, you are

Confusion never stops, closing walls and ticking clocks (gonna)
Come back and take you home, I could not stop, that you now know (singing)
Come out upon my seas, curse missed opportunities (am I)
A part of the cure, or am I part of the disease (singing)

You are
And nothing else compares
Oh no nothing else compares
And nothing else compares

You are
Home, home, where I wanted to go

1 voices:

Post a Comment