Thanks John

Every once in a while a song appears like this and it generates a growing faith in my head. Could be a song I've heard before, something a bit familiar, or just a brand new tune; but a song that transports me to that scary, dark and unknown place deep within myself. That place I can't ever find, getting lost every time I try.

I can't remember right now when was the last time a song like this came along and did that, maybe if I start thinking I'll come up with many, but I'm choosing not to, because I need and wanna hold on to the pureness of this moment, this moment that's making me travel to my dark place, on a direct flight with no confusing paths, just straight to the truth.

Because I forgot the main idea of my only cure to everything that hurts: to express without boundaries. Just leaving behind the fear of breaking things if I come up with one single sentence. Knowing me, and that one sentence would never be enough, releasing this monster that lives inside, a monster that has a name and all, that has become a person within me, and a monster that I just can't hold back... Gotta love it to love me.

So tonight, all of that contained in these lyrics, this melody and this song that gave me permission to do this, to just start saying.

Take all of your wasted honor
Every little past frustration
Take all of your so-called problems
Better put them in quotations

Say what you need to say

Walking like a one man army
Fighting with the shadows in your head
Living out the same old moment
Knowing you'd be better off instead

If you could only
Say what you need to say

Have no fear for giving in
Have no fear for giving over
You better know that in the end
It's better to say too much
Than never to say what you need to say again
Even if your hands are shaking
And your faith is broken
Even as the eyes are closing
Do it with a heart wide open

Say what you need to say

0 voices:

Post a Comment